With spring right around the corner our thoughts soon turn to the lake cabin. Before the fun can begin, there are a few housekeeping details that need attention. One of the most important systems to check while opening your cabin is the plumbing. If your cabin’s plumbing system is opened carefully and methodically you can avoid a big mess.
Here are a few tips to get the cabin ready for summer:
- Visually inspect all pipes and fixtures for freeze damage.
- Reassemble any disconnected pipes or fixtures.
- Close all faucets, hose taps and drain valves.
- Slowly turn on the main water source (well or city water supply).
- Again visually inspect all pipes and fixtures for leaks.
- Open and flush water from all faucets, fixtures, hose faucets and flush toilets.
- Close drain valve, then fill and flush water from water heater. Leave filled.
- Turn on electric or turn on gas and light pilot for water heater.
- Reconnect water line to ice maker.
- Run water into lift pump pits and sump pump pits and check their piping.
- Pour water into floor drains to prevent sewer gas from entering cabin.
- Unplug heat taped pipes.
- Fill brine tank with salt for water softener.
If you are not ready to take on the task of opening the plumbing system in your cabin, then it might be best to call in a professional.
Here at Koegel Plumbing & Heating Solutions we have the knowledge and experience to get your cabin in Douglas County operating properly.
When you call Koegel Plumbing & Heating Solutions you can expect:
Flexible Scheduling– Your schedule is our top priority, we also schedule work on Saturdays.
Upfront Pricing– You will receive a quoted price that will not change.
Clean Workmanship– We use drop clothes and boot covers to protect your cabin’s surfaces.
Professional Workmanship– All work performed by a Master Plumber with over 30+ years experience.
Parts Availability- Fully stocked service truck for emergency repairs, no charge for parts delivery.
Valve Identification– All major shutoff valves are identified and tagged in case of a future emergency.
Payment Options– We accept cash, check or credit card on the day of service.
When we open your cabin we will also perform a full plumbing inspection just for additional peace of mind.
Protect your property in Alexandria, MN from damage all year long; call Kurt today at 320-766-6767 to schedule your cabin opening.
Where you can always expect Clean, Courteous and Professional Service.